Scholarships For Western Kansas Area High School Seniors
Western State Bank and American Implement have joined forces to help support the future of the agricultural industry by providing the Ag Future Scholarships Program to eligible high school seniors pursuing further education (degree or program) in an agriculture field.
Ten (10) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded!
- High school senior graduating from the following counties: Kansas - Cheyenne, Clark, Finney, Ford, Gove, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Lane, Logan, Meade, Morton, Rawlins, Scott, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Stanton, Stevens, Thomas, Wallace, Wichita; Colorado – Baca
- Students who ultimately have a goal of working within the agricultural industry and pursuing further education (either a degree or program) in an agriculture-related field. Examples can include but are not limited to: Ag Business, Ag Communications, Ag Economics, Ag Education, Ag Finance, Food Science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Technical Program, Animal Science, Precision Agriculture, and more.
- 3.0 GPA or greater
Completed application must contain:
- A completed application. Please complete electronically below OR you may download it below
- 2 letters of reference – preferably speaking to the applicant’s interest and passion for agriculture
- Current, official high school transcript
- A picture of applicant (to be used if selected as a scholarship recipient)
- Either a written essay (500 – 700 words) OR a video submission (3 – 4 minutes) focused on the applicant’s top three reasons they are passionate and excited about agriculture and how they see themselves impacting agriculture’s future with their career of choice
Completed applications will be scored according to the following criteria:
- Essay/Video (35 pts)
- Grades (25 pts)
- References (25 pts)
- Community/Extra-Curricular Involvement (15 pts)
Deadline to apply: April 15, 2021
Reminder to all candidates who submitted an application: By submitting an application, the applicant is granting permission for American Implement and Western State Bank to potentially use submitted material and/or photos of the applicant on either company’s website, social media accounts or published materials highlighting the scholarship program and retains rights to all entries once submitted.
Announcement of selected candidates and distribution of funds:
Winners will be notified and announced May 1, 2021. View 2021 Scholarship Recipient List.
Funds will be distributed once proof of enrollment into educational program has been provided to scholarship committee. Upon notification of selection, scholarship recipients will be informed of the address to send enrollment verification.
If a selected candidate fails to provide proof of enrollment into an educational program or does not attend educational program fall semester of 2021, the next eligible candidate will be awarded the scholarship in their stead.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to attend a celebration event hosted by American Implement and Western State Bank with fellow recipients to be recognized for their accomplishment and presented with an ag career day and networking opportunity with both American Implement and Western State Bank representatives.