Scholarships For Western Kansas Area High School Seniors
Western State Bank and American Implement have joined forces to help support the future of the agricultural industry by providing the Ag Future Scholarships Program to eligible high school seniors pursuing further education (degree or program) in an agriculture field.
Ten (10) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded!
- High school senior graduating from the following counties: Kansas - Cheyenne, Clark, Finney, Ford, Gove, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Lane, Logan, Meade, Morton, Rawlins, Scott, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Stanton, Stevens, Thomas, Wallace, Wichita; Colorado – Baca
- Students who ultimately have a goal of working within the agricultural industry and pursuing further education (either a degree or program) in an agriculture-related field. Examples can include but are not limited to: Ag Business, Ag Communications, Ag Economics, Ag Education, Ag Finance, Food Science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Technical Program, Animal Science, Precision Agriculture, and more.
- 3.0 GPA or greater
Completed application must contain:
- A completed application. Please complete electronically below OR you may download it below
- 2 letters of reference – preferably speaking to the applicant’s interest and passion for agriculture
- Current, official high school transcript
- A picture of applicant (to be used if selected as a scholarship recipient)
- Either a written essay (500 – 700 words) OR a video submission (3 – 4 minutes) focused on the applicant’s top three reasons they are passionate and excited about agriculture and how they see themselves impacting agriculture’s future with their career of choice
Completed applications will be scored according to the following criteria:
- Essay/Video (35 pts)
- Grades (25 pts)
- References (25 pts)
- Community/Extra-Curricular Involvement (15 pts)
Deadline to apply: April 15, 2021
How to submit an application:
4 Ways to Submit a Completed Application:
- Electronically on American Implement's website. Complete the application form electronically and utilize the upload files folder for attachments such as letters of reference, transcripts, photos and essays.
- Via Email: Download an application and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org, include full name and “Ag Future Scholarships” in the subject line.
Be sure to include attachments such as letters of reference, transcripts, photos and essays. Please submit video files via WeTransfer.com - for more information on submitting via WeTransfer, see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- In-Person: You can submit in-person at any American Implement or Western State Bank locations – if submitting a video please do so on a flash drive/USB. Place all materials in an envelope together and clearly mark:
To: Western State Bank, mark "Ag Future Scholarship Program" C/O Sarah Waller, Garden City or To: American Implement mark "Ag Future Scholarship Program" C/O Tim Metheny, Support Center
- By Mail: You may submit via mail to the following address – if submitting a video please do so on a flash drive/USB. Place all materials in an envelope together and clearly mark:
Western State Bank
RE: Ag Future Scholarship Program
1500 E. Kansas Ave
Garden City, KS 67846
Announcement of selected candidates and distribution of funds:
Winners will be notified and announced May 1, 2021
Funds will be distributed once proof of enrollment into educational program has been provided to scholarship committee. Upon notification of selection, scholarship recipients will be informed of the address to send enrollment verification.
If a selected candidate fails to provide proof of enrollment into an educational program or does not attend educational program fall semester of 2021, the next eligible candidate will be awarded the scholarship in their stead.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to attend a celebration event hosted by American Implement and Western State Bank with fellow recipients to be recognized for their accomplishment and presented with an ag career day and networking opportunity with both American Implement and Western State Bank representatives.
By submitting an application, the applicant is granting permission for American Implement and Western State Bank to potentially use submitted material and/or photos of the applicant on either company’s website, social media accounts or published materials highlighting the scholarship program and retains rights to all entries once submitted.
* UPLOADING VIDEO TO WE TRANSFER: Go to wetransfer.com - Select ‘Take me to Free option’ - Submit video via WeTransfer message box. On WeTransfer, submit to the following email address: email@example.com