You asked. We delivered.
On April 12, 2021, Western State Bank will debut an entirely new platform for Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
In addition to an updated, modern, user-friendly experience, the new Online and Mobile Banking platforms will offer a variety features that weren't previously available to Western State Bank customers. Some of those features include facial recognition or thumbprint login, ability to reset your password on your own, text alerts for balance updates and more. See the full list of features below.
If you're a Business ACH or Merchant Capture customer, please visit our Business Online Banking page for guidance.
How will this affect customers?
While all of your information will automatically transfer to the new online and mobile banking platforms, there are a few simple steps you will need to take to ensure a smooth transition. For example, login passwords will change, existing mobile apps will need to be deleted and re-downloaded, and online and mobile banking will be down for a short time during the transition. We trust you'll find these minor, initial inconveniences to be absolutely worth it once you grow accustomed to the new platforms.
Please review all of the Quick Facts, Key Dates, and convenient Customer Conversion Checklist in our downloadable Online and Mobile Banking Transition Guide below.
And don't worry- we are here to help every step of the way! We've established extended hours by phone from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 12 through 16. Please contact your local banking center so we may assist you and help answer any questions you may have.
What are the new features?
We are excited to offer our customers the most up-to-date technological tools in the industry. Please note some of the new features will not be available until shortly after the April 12 transition.
- Ability to easily reset password on your own (using code sent to your phone)
- Facial recognition or thumbprint login options
- Personal budgeting tools
- Text and/or email alerts for balance updates, deposits, loan payment confirmation, and more
- Online and mobile banking for businesses
- Existing features that will also be included are mobile deposit & online bill pay
- Coming shortly after the April 12 transition:
- Person to Person payment integration (such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay & Zelle)
- Online account opening (Summer 2021)
- Ability to disable debit card on your own (if card is lost/stolen or if fraud is suspected)
- Ability to set travel dates on your own (to avoid issues with your card when traveling)
- Ability to transfer funds to and from bank accounts outside of Western State Bank